GENERAL LABOR PRODUCTION WORKERS
Maple Leaf Foods in North York is accepting applications for entry-level General Labor positions within our Prepared Meats facility located at 25 LePage Court, North York, ON, M3J 2A2, which require availability for up to 40 hours a week. We currently have numerous vacancies - come join our team!
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What's Right
- High Performance
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Intense Curiosity
- Shared Value
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Our Accountability
- Transparency and Humility
$14.25 per hour
6:45 am - 3:15 pm; Monday to Friday (as per the business needs)
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Works on the production line to process pork products
- Checks and weighs materials and/or product
- Transfer, seal, manually labels and pack product into bags, cartons or other containers
- Removes finished goods packages from conveyer and place on pallets
- Checks products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Removes quality defects from product
- Moves and lifts skids, tanks and combos
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements, troubleshoots equipment if necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Dedicated to creating a high-quality product that consistently meets product specifications
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
Please apply online or in-person today!
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting
- Able to lift up to 25kgs, lifting required
- Participates and successfully passes formal BT Training
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
All applicants must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada