Manager, Revenue Management (14 month contract)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Opportunity: Working in conjunction with the brand & category go-to-market strategies as developed by Category Marketing team, the Revenue Manager is responsible to lead the development of retail pricing strategies. In addition, the Revenue Manager is responsible to lead the execution of pricing strategies by providing necessary tools and working closely with retail sales team for necessary support in implementation. The Revenue Manager is the point of contact for Sales and Pricing Departments for all pricing related activities including setting prices, publishing customer pricing templates & guardrails, and evaluating changes to strategy as needed. As a catalyst for continuous improvement in the areas of retail pricing, will lead regular reviews of the effectiveness of our strategies and identify opportunities to increase promotion spend efficiency. The Revenue Manager will also conduct appropriate analyses on an ongoing basis and identify and lead profitable growth opportunities with both marketing & sales.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Lead the organization on pricing strategy development & execution.
- Strategies must be developed in connection with brand positioning, category strategy and financial targets (volume and profit).
- Responsible for communication of category pricing strategies including the publication of all customer pricing templates and maintaining their accuracy.
- Presenting and interact with the Marketing and Sales Leadership Teams, presenting updates on strategies, execution and further recommendations.
- Develop, manage and maintain analytics on execution and performance of strategy on regular basis.
- Review execution and performance of customer level execution on quarterly basis to provide guidance to sales teams to optimize their promotion execution to drive improved business results.
- As part of annual planning rhythm, review effectiveness of pricing strategies and future business objectives and bring forward strategy change recommendations to commercial leadership team.
- Partner with the Sales Team to ensure pricing alignment with customer strategies and the flawless execution of our pricing and promotion investment strategies.
- Working with finance pricing team to ensure the accuracy and maintenance of invoice pricing within our systems.
- Develop appropriate process enhancements and lead execution of changes by working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance.
- Responsible to provide recommendations to the commercial leadership team with regards to rapid changes (up or down) in the commodity markets that require pricing strategy response.
- Optimized pricing and promotional efficiency effectiveness to deliver incremental profitability.
- Deliver category pricing strategies and ensure proper execution with the commercial teams.
- Deliver category pricing templates and ensure flawless accuracy and execution.
- A key leader in increasing volume and EBT targets for the business.
- Monitor pricing strategy impact by category and taking timely corrective actions against targets.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Business plus 3-5 years revenue management, business analytics, marketing, sales, category management or sales finance within a consumer packaged goods environment
- Experience working with large data sets to drive business strategy and decisions
- Understanding of customer pricing mechanics and impact to P&L
- Customer focus orientation with strong commercial sense
- Experience in Tier 1 Consumer Packaged Goods company an asset
- Must be proactive, high energy and have a keen desire to win and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Solid analytical skills; able to collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information into concrete action plans
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Ability to see big picture and embrace ambiguity
- Detail oriented
- A strong team player, with well-developed “people interaction” skill set.
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication formal and informal (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy including SAP, Excel, Nielsen Answers
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible