Team Leader In Training
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The St. Mary’s facility is looking for a Team Leader In Training to work in any of our departments or shifts (Days, Afternoons and Nights). This role will report to the shift supervisor, the team leader in training is responsible for maintaining an efficient and safe operation of their department. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast paced food manufacturing environment and have a demonstrated ability to work safely, ensuring safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employee's.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Providing day to day direction to department employees
- Ensuring compliance with H&S legislation
- Ensuring compliance with GMP’s, Food Safety Policies and Procedures, CFIA regulations
- Understand and manage KPI’s while communicating results in a timely accord.
- Guaranteeing customer satisfaction by adhering to product specs (PSOP’s)
- Provide proper and adequate training of all department employees.
- Be involved in performance evaluations of all department employees.
- Coaching and counseling of department employees.
- Appropriate communication within the plant to any and all departments; both production and non-production.
- Effective communication with Supervisor
- Completion and Accuracy of minimal administrative duties within KRONOS, SAP, Outlook and Microsoft programs.
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Set a good example and lead with the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- To work overtime when necessary
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Able to communicate with workers, other team leaders and supervisors
- Punctuality is essential
- Cooperative and Reliable
- Good team worker and quick learner
- Must have basic knowledge of the HACCP program
- Must have basic knowledge of GMP’s
- Plant environment (ambient and refrigerated); 3 shift operation
- A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.