Hatchery Student - Production (Temporary, Casual)
70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg, Ontario
- $18.40/hour after 3 months of employment
- $18.90/hour after 6 months of employment
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in New Hamburg, ON and presently employees approximately 120 employees between in the hatchery. Currently, the New Hamburg Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday with hours The starting wage of $17.90 which increases to $18.90 after six months of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to the employee.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sanitation: operation of power hoses and box wash machine
- Production line: quality control, stacking, loading
- Machine Operator: loader/off-loader
- Driver Helper: deliver loads to various locations
- Other General Labor duties including lifting up-to approx. 50lbs
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
- Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
- Able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Have the desire to learn
- Be physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 50lbs overhead
- Have commitment to safe work practices
- Able to work varying and flexible hours until job is complete (including statutory holidays)
- Have good communication and business relationship building skills for interaction with customers
- Adhere to HACCP, Biosecurity & Animal Welfare requirements (Training will be provided)
- Be looking for a long-term job opportunity
Please note completion of High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position.
Resumes can be dropped off in person at 70 Heritage Drive in New Hamburg.
By Fax: 519-662-3637 or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.