Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be part of a team of shift engineers that provide 24/7 coverage for our food processing facilities. Working in a unionized environment, you will be responsible for operating ammonia and freon refrigeration equipment, boilers, and related auxiliaries, monitoring water distribution, performing rounds and operating checks on equipment, responding to operations' requests for services, and following up on alarms and taking action to rectify deficiencies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- you have a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license or refrigeration B and three to five years experience as a shift/operating engineer role.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration , would be an asset.
- Shifts of 8 hours on days, afternoons or nights as scheduled and must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts with overtime as required.
- Preference will be given to applicants holding a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer.
- Wages $33.09 per hour, plus $0.75/hr premium