Distribution Supervisor (Nights)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for, and provide direction to, a team of Distribution Team Members on the night shift. They will be accountable for all inbound, outbound, and order fulfillment activities. The night shift is a Monday to Friday 10:30pm to 7:00am shift.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
The Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for all logistics functions within the facility, including coordinating with internal and external delivery drivers and managing all internal shipping and receiving activities. The incumbent will work closely with Purchasing, Production, QA, Transportation, and Scheduling departments to coordinate movement of product on and off site.
- Oversee the order fulfillment operation to ensure the accuracy of receiving, warehousing, order picking, cycle counts, and on-time trailer departure
- Follow all FSQA requirements and ensure accurate record keeping
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and inventory of CHEP pallets and IFCO totes
- Responsible for ensuring that SAP transactions for all Distribution functions are completed in a timely manner
- Referencing customer date matrix data to ensure all cases picked are within customer requirements
- Monitor and control labour costs and productivity performance
- Monitor inventory levels from production to ensure timely and accurate order filling
- Submit work order requests to maintenance and follow-up on status
- Supervise a team of hourly team members, which includes enforcing conformance with plant rules, co-ordination of staffing, time and attendance administration, addressing complaints, administration of approved disciplinary measures, communication of employee performance, employee coaching and training
- Provide staff training and development on warehousing equipment and systems
- Lead weekly team meetings and provide coaching and status updates to the group
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies and standard operating procedures (i.e. HACCP, GMP) and external regulations/legislation (i.e. CFIA, OHSA, ESA)
- Maintain harmonious relationships with all employees, including cross-functional departments
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience
- Material handling equipment experience an asset (Forklift, Dock stocker, Reach)
- SAP experience an asset – ECC & EWM modules
- Health and Safety leadership experience
- A desire to build a winning team
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.