Considering a career at Maple Leaf Foods? Do you love taking on new challenges? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, Maple Leaf Foods has the role for you!
We are a food processing facility in St. Marys, Ontario looking to hire a supervisor in training.
• Providing day to day direction to department employees
• Ensuring compliance with H&S legislation
• Ensuring compliance with GMP’s, Food Safety Policies and Procedures, CFIA regulations
• Understand and manage KPI’s while communicating results in a timely accord.
• Guaranteeing customer satisfaction by adhering to product specs (PSOP’s)
• Provide proper and adequate training of all department employees.
• Be involved in performance evaluations of all department employees.
• Coaching and counseling of department employees.
• Appropriate communication within the plant to any and all departments; both production and non-production.
• Effective communication with one-up Manager.
• Completion and Accuracy of administrative duties within KRONOS, SAP, Outlook and Microsoft programs.
• Maintain Confidentiality
• Set a good example and lead with the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
• Be able to work overtime when necessary
• Other duties as deemed necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• Superior communication and analytical skills.
• Motivation with and for team oriented business goals.
• Knowledge of HACCP (or related regulatory system) and other legislation.
• Computer skills to provide documentation, spreadsheet analysis, and reporting.
• Safety practices and procedures in a manufacturing environment.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Hands on interaction with team members.
• Plant environment (ambient and refrigerated); 3 shift operation
• A fast-paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of this application or hiring can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-8405. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.