Do you love taking on new challenges? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to problem solve under tight deadlines? Do you love working in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, Maple Leaf Foods has the role for YOU!
We are looking for upbeat case packer operators who thrive working in a team-based challenging environment!
Snapshot of your role:
The successful candidate will be required to work within the warehouse, cooler and freezer areas. Duties include: Receiving process materials and shipping finished goods, general housekeeping and inventory control.
What you’ll learn:
- Organization and how to effectively meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards
- Communicating effectively in a team-based environment
- General troubleshooting and problem-solving in a fast paced-work environment
- Time management by learning how to effectively manage workloads based on business needs
Required Skills, Ability & Experience:
- Pre-operational inspections, operation and shutdown of all related equipment for efficient and safe operation (i.e., Forklifts, Counterbalance, Motorized walkie, Pump cart, Scanners)
- Recognize and troubleshoot mechanical issues and communicate problems to Supervisor, Manager and/or Maintenance
- Must acquire certification for all Material Handling Equipment (Forklifts, Pump cart, Motorized walkie)
- Thorough, accurate, and neat completion of forms for HACCP & Quality Assurance (i.e.; lot control for traceability, production reporting, product carry over)
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials, weight checks)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility which may include wiping, sanitizing and sweeping
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures for product components and packaging materials (i.e.; Allergen storage, Product rotation, FIFO procedures)
- Employees will be required to complete aptitude testing (reading comprehension, written communication, numeracy)
- Load and receive trailers (live load from the line) and inventory counting
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks (i.e.; Battery room)
- Heavy lifting, frequent pulling, twisting, bending, and standing for long periods of time is required
- Safe and proper operation of MHE
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to record and document accurate information
- Computer skills are required
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team Members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others).
- Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (i.e.; keeps up with production requirements, prioritizes and organizes effectively)
- Employees must pass MHE Certification Training including the theoretical & practical portions
- Employees will receive the necessary training and will be required to complete an evaluation prior to being eligible for the position and or the higher category rate of pay
- Other duties, as assigned
Depending on production requirements, employees may be assigned alternate work on other lines