Be Part of Something Big!
|Maple Leaf Foods – Wetaskiwin Hatchery
General Labourer, Screening and Sanitation Support
At Maple Leaf Foods, we are proud of our company, our products and our role in providing safe, great tasting, nutritious food to help nurture people’s potential during every meal of the day. Our values-based culture, our passionate people and our clear vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth makes us an exciting place to work!
We value a culture and work environment that keeps people safe, rewards excellence and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
That’s our passion. What’s yours?
Reporting to the Production Supervisor and Plant Manager, the General Labourer, Screening and Sanitation Support is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Sanitizing all high contact surfaces, including door handles, tables, chairs, hand rails, etc.
- Lead the training and operation of the temperature scan machine; following established protocols
- Administer the Maple Leaf Foods screening tool
- Direct team members regarding their temperature scans and screening results
- Direct team members regarding PPE and social distancing
The Screening and Sanitation support will be responsible for ensuring that all attendees to our facility, whether, team members, visitors, contractors or temporary team members, are properly screened prior to entering any Maple Leaf Foods site. Individuals will be tested again if experiencing symptoms. The Screening and Sanitation Support will work with management, supervisors and employees guiding and directing the recently established safety measures. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing a sanitation routine regularly to ensure that high contact surfaces are properly cleaned and sanitized in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This position involves repetitive work, with a need for speed and accuracy.
- Position Type: Full-time six (6) month contract, General Labourer, Screening and Sanitation Support
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 4:30am – 1:00pm. With potential for additional hours to support learning with the role, as well as acting as back up for Production
- Starting wage is $17.37/hour
- Start Date: TBD
- Must be at least 18 years of age and must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada
- Strong written, verbal and comprehension of English
- Computer skills required, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Work well within a team environment
- Must be physically fit and able to multitask, quickly adjusting from one task to another
- Exposure to outside elements
- Ability to work within warmer temperatures
- Comfortable being exposed to strong odor
- Capable of frequent bending, standing and walking
Please visit our careers page: https://www.mapleleafcareers.com/
Phone : 780-467-6022 extension #6