Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
LEAD HAND PRODUCTION (TRAY PACK):
The Lead Hand plays an important leadership role at Maple Leaf Foods’ poultry facility. They work in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment and are responsible for overseeing production activities. The Lead Hand supports the success of employees by providing coaching and direction on daily work assignments. The Lead Hand will monitor performance in relation to the plan. Variances to planned performance are noted and reviewed with the Production Supervisor. The Lead Hand will assist in the development and execution of corrective action in response to performance variances.
- Shift timing: 6:00pm- 3:00am
- Leads the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Frequent and appropriate communication with Supervisor throughout the shift
- Awareness and sense of urgency regarding date-sensitive products
- Understanding of internal process
- Dedicated to ensuring all targets are met
- Leads and contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment, while maintaining high food safety standards
- Oversees and directs the daily work in support of the department Supervisor
- Champions and upholds department standards as a role model for other employees
- Takes appropriate actions to correct variances and make improvements
- Where needed, performs all production tasks
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Other responsibilities as required
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
- Strong interpersonal skills to direct the work of others while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks, heavy lifting tasks required
- Must be a current member of the department and able to perform all department tasks
- Excellent communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Punctual, reliable and responsible, can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Basic computer skills including Excel and Word
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by email to: Elisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to our job posting online at www.
careers.mapleleaf.com This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.