A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Our Leadership Values
6 core values guide us in everything that we do.
• Do what’s right
• Deliver winning results
• Build collaborative teams
• Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
• Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
• Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
You are an enthusiastic relationship builder with a strong passion for finding top talent. You are a natural at attracting talented diverse applicants through creative ways across social media and professional networks. You are able to connect the value you have as a trusted business partner and understand the importance in maintaining your creditability. Your approach is collaborative with a strong sense of urgency. You thrive in an environment where you are empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results. You proactively seek new opportunities to look outside the box and make continuous improvements along the way.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- • Manage the hiring process from start to finish ensuring approved processes and standards are followed and ensuring that Maple Leaf Foods values and culture are embedded into each step
- • Effectively communicate Maple Leaf Foods employer value proposition
- • Ensure that newly posted roles adhere to MLF organizational design principles and advise on areas of concern
- • Conduct Intake meetings with hiring managers for all vacant roles, and consult on hiring strategy.
- • Partner with leaders and hiring teams to understand staffing requirements and create sourcing attraction and hiring strategies to bring the best talent to each vacancy
- • Strategically and creatively source tough to find passive candidates for current and future roles
- • Provide standardized weekly updates to hiring managers
- • Maintain contact with candidates in the pipeline (both internal and external) to either ensure interest and/or up to date information
- • Maintain a strategic internal candidate and position list from talent management practices
- • Conduct all screening interviews with pre-qualified candidates and manage all internal screens
- • Lead and support Hiring Managers in conducting all behaviour based 1st round interviews
- • Provide hiring recommendations based on expertise within assigned functional area and other objectives collected throughout the interview process
- • Occasional travel to various Maple Leaf Foods locations to meet with candidates and/or Hiring Managers
- • Other recruitment related activities and projects as needed
What you will bring:
- • Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- • Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- • Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- • Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- • Employee Assistance Program
- • Post-secondary degree/diploma in HR studies or business related discipline
- • 5+ years of progressive recruiting experience, a combination of corporate and agency experience is ideal
- • Previous experience in recruiting in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology roles would be considered an asset
- • Strong business acumen with a proven track record of success in labour market research and candidate generation
- • Demonstrated ability to work on complex recruitment portfolios
- • Demonstrated ability to execute in person, internet and telephone-based research; ability to extract information from executives and all levels within the organization
- • Excellent communication skills along with solid influencing and negotiating capabilities
- • Proficiency in behaviour based interviewing
- • A strategic thinker who can interpret business direction/needs and realign/refine/develop sourcing strategies and tactics
- • Strong working knowledge of ATS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- • Ability to exercise independent judgment with broadly defined policies and practices to identify best method/approach and final recommendation for hiring
- • Immigration / Work Visa experience an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.