Be Part of Something Big!
|Maple Leaf Foods, Edmonton Poultry
At Maple Leaf Foods, we are proud of our company, our products and our role in providing safe, great tasting, nutritious food to help nurture people’s potential during every meal of the day. Our values-based culture, our passionate people and our clear vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth makes us an exciting place to work!
We value a culture and work environment that keeps people safe, rewards excellence and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
That’s our passion. What’s yours?
The duties for this position will consist of maintaining all equipment that is associated with the day to day operations of the hatchery.
Hours of Work:
- Monitor and maintain all equipment, such as roof top units, pumps, plumbing ventilations, incubators, ventilation systems, boilers, hatchers, tray wash machines, and generators.
- Follow HACCP preventative maintenance program and keep all records up to date
- Accurate completion of the Daily Maintenance Check List
- Regular calibration of equipment
- Daily, weekly and monthly servicing on all equipment
- Investigate hatch drop due to equipment.
- Create and complete Work Orders for maintenance repairs
- Act as an active committee member for Energy, Health and Safety, Environment, and Quality Assurance
- Assist in the Production department as required
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package.
- Shift hours will vary:
- 6:00am – 2:00pm, Monday – Friday
- 10:00am – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday
- Participate in the on-call rotation on the weekends
- Must be comfortable working longer hours in order to complete a task/repair.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing experience is an asset.
- Excellent English both verbal and written skills
- Self-directed / motivated team player open to new technology with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a high-pressure production environment
- Strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment weighing in excess for 25kg
Please visit our careers page: https://www.mapleleafcareers.com/
Please note that in person applications will not be accepted at this time.