A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Foodservice National Account Manager
Greenleaf Foods is the parent company to two market-leading brands in the fast growing plant-based protein category; LightLife Foods and Field Roast. This business involves the marketing, sales and distribution of these leading brands in the United States foodservice channel. The position will have responsibility for the management and performance of the company’s business nationally. In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow profitable revenues at existing accounts and to penetrate new accounts. The candidate will have personal accountability for developing relationships and setting the strategy for national accounts within the US.
The National Account Manager will be responsible for overseeing sales activities to achieve maximum market penetration and growth in all foodservice channels, including the currently defined strategic areas of National and Regional chain accounts, Collages & Universities, Business & Industry. This role will entail both strategic and tactical activities including developing and implementing programs to maximize Greenleaf Foods short and long range sales growth objectives, hiring, managing and inspiring the US Foodservice sales team including an internal and external (brokers) sales organization.
This person is a hands on leader who can operate at the local/regional level and also take ownership of Corporate Accounts & Customers, manage and negotiate all senior level relationships & contracts: Distributors (Regional, national), Chain Restaurants (multi-regional, national), Contract Management (multi-regional, national, regional), GPOs; This instrumental business leader will work in close collaboration with other functional leaders on the overall Greenleaf team to drive top-line growth and gain overall market share in the US.
Most critically, the successful candidate will have a proactive approach to sales development – addressing day-to-day operating issues as well as providing strategic input. He/she will be involved in personal account selling to achieve planned sales and profit growth goals.
Key to success will be to bring essential professional sales management skills to this role in areas such as: key account management, planning and forecasting, new product introduction plans, management and coordination of trade promotion programs, and an ability to drive significant distribution gains and sales growth across channels.
This will report to Vice President, Foodservice.
This role is based out of a home office, all candidates will be considered in the USA.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop business plans and strategies and cultivate high growth partnerships that lead to profitable growth
- Maximize sales volume and Gross Profit
- Leverage fact based analysis to manage the business. Establish measurements and goals for an ambitious go-to-market strategy, supported by a comprehensive, analytically grounded sales approach.
- Within a start-up mode environment, put in place business evaluation measures, using both quantitative and qualitative data, to assess business performance, competitive trends and new opportunities. Stay abreast of competitive actions, trends and emerging marketplace needs.
- Develop and manage annual sales forecast by customer, and provide Greenleaf Foods leadership with regular updates on the results, challenge, opportunities and competitive actions.
- Lead development of channel specific trade promotion strategies, driving for efficiency of spend and manage overall trade budget.
- Ensure company objectives and strategies are clearly communicated throughout the sales team and to customers.
- Create an operating culture where individuals are motivated, have clear direction, and opportunity for success and are regularly provided constructive assessment on performance.
- Proven, senior level, success in sales leadership with respected food companies serving a large number of diverse customers, including direct key account & channel responsibility.
- Extensive contacts and relationships with key decision makers
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience working with, all customer segments of the United States foodservice channel including, chain accounts, on-site/contract management accounts, GPO’s, distributors, re-distributors, and buying groups
- A minimum of 10 years of senior level foodservice sales management experience
- Demonstrated success delivering aggressive sales goals, originating strategic initiatives and building efficient “best-of-class” selling organizations in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Experience in negotiating and managing effective, growth oriented trade programs that adhere to budgeted financial objectives.
- Ideally, experience in both large and small companies thereby possessing both an entrepreneurial spirit and a comfort level with process management that is typical in larger organizations
- Experience in and knowledge of the plant-based protein category is highly desirable but not mandatory
- A college degree is required with an MBA being desirable but not mandatory.
- Travel of 60%-75% is expected.
- A high energy, team oriented manager who has a passion for growing both the top and bottom lines. A person who leads by example and who instills confidence in his or her staff. Someone who enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves while working in a team-centric environment. An energetic yet mature individual with demonstrated leadership and business building skills and a track record of outstanding sales results.
- A thought leader, someone who has demonstrated success at combining creative and strategic initiatives with well-grounded practices designed to move product, brand and corporate initiatives forward. A creative, imaginative individual who has the business acumen, curiosity and ability to work across a diverse set of products and business interests, bringing rational focus to the efforts.
- A non-political, entrepreneurial team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the overall US Sales & Marketing leadership team and be relied upon to get things done. Identifies closely with, and is passionately committed to, the achievement of the company’s overall mission.
- An effective, charismatic and influential leader with a high degree of drive, energy and the ability to consistently produce results. One who possess the experience and personality necessary to gain the respect of executives at all levels of an organization and with customer’s organizations.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to sell ideas and concepts to various stakeholders, internal and external to the organization. Strong presentation skills in the full range from one-on-one to large audience settings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Greenleaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.