A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Consumer Engagement Associate
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Consumer Engagement Associate provides the consumer linkage with our internal business teams and the consumer contact center, ensuring internal departments understand and leverage consumer feedback to ensure food safety and product quality, and to provide valuable input to Marketers about what products consumers want.
The role involves working with external adjusters, maintaining updates to our data repository system and coaching agents who work in an omnichannel environment. Additionally, the Consumer Engagement Associate is responsible for providing ongoing analyses of Greenleaf consumer data that identifies and communicates trends and insights on brand and product categories.
This is a visible role that is the bridge between our consumers and the company. The position advocates for the consumer, shares their viewpoint, and protects and advances our brands.
The position reports to the Consumer Engagement Manager, Marketing.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Support the Greenleaf business across North America by providing Voice of the Consumer reporting to various internal stakeholders.
- Serve as key brand point-of-contact for agents at the consumer contact center, including training the contact center trainer, managing new and changed product communication, collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop approved messaging, and leading escalations as required
- Provide coaching to agents on Greenleaf-specific consumer case management.
- Escalate cases from the Contact Centre to appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Retrieve product samples and usage history
- Obtain consumer information and forms that initiate the negotiation and processing of settlements
- Liaise with contact centre team lead to ensure swift crisis management and follow up claims support in conjunction with external adjuster.
- Mitigation of consumer contact escalations.
- Provide a recurring status of internal and external claims with associated costs and stages of resolution.
- Process claims internally with insurance adjuster and legal counsel for amounts below the deductible limit.
- Issue settlement invoices and request claims cheques.
- Manage high-risk contacts and claims received through social media or CFIA/FDA.
- Ensure CRM database integrity is continuously maintained through ongoing updates with product information and case management handling practices
- Maintain a budget and fulfillment tracker.
- Liaise with Commercial Management teams to provide insights from consumer feedback.
- Complete ad hoc requests, (e.g. product trend reporting)
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in a Consumer Affairs/Engagement role
- Preference for candidates that have a knowledge of plant-based protein products
- Advanced skill with Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding and experience with Astute ePowerCenter or similar CRM software
- Ability to manage challenging conversations with positive outcomes
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills and be able to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- Strong business acumen, self-motivated and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Cooperative and collaborative with the ability to forge strong internal and external relationships.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.