Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
WHAT DOING A GOOD JOB LOOKS LIKE:
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety standards
- Works on the production line to process chicken and turkey
- Moves and lifts skids, tanks, totes and combos
- Trims and removes bones from product
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Other responsibilities as required
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Dedicated to ensuring food safety procedures are met
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Dedicated to creating a high quality product that consistently meets product specifications
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to perform heavy lifting, pushing tanks, lifting totes, shoveling
- Cut-Up and Aging Rehang
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting and shoveling
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
*** Approximately 70 summer student positions available on all shifts (days, afternoons, nights) in Production, Distribution, and Health & Safety ***