Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
3:30 pm - 12 am
A licensed Millwright will perform tasks to maintain and repair mechanical equipment used in the facility in accordance with standard operating procedures. The individual will report to the Maintenance Manager, however will also receive direction from the Production Supervisor(s) on daily work that requires completion. Furthermore, the individual will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
- Perform preventative maintenance, emergency repairs and complex work assignments in the discipline with normal supervision
- Proactively performs troubleshooting techniques in a logical manner on all equipment including pneumatic, hydraulic and utility systems
- Adhere to all food safety, health & safety, HACCP, WHMIS and good manufacturing practices (GMPs) guidelines and applicable statues and procedures
- Operate all power truck equipment such as stacker, forklift, and counter balance; reach trucks and walkie/rider
- Contributes to the solution of general maintenance problems by observation followed by constructive discussion with his/her manager and/or co-workers
- Fabricates and make repairs using a variety of standard shop tools to weld stainless steel (TIG and arc welding)
- Provide technical support and guidance to the production team; Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Takes initiative to correct issues and make improvements
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area(s)
- Complete required documentation accurately and neatly
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory bodies
- Operates production equipment and checks performance of that equipment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Other responsibilities as required
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must hold a valid and current Industrial Mechanic/Millwright license
- Strong preventative maintenance and troubleshooting ability
- Basic computer skills and paperwork accuracy; knowledge and experience with SAP considered an asset
- Successfully pass in-house power truck theoretical and practical training and tests
- Good communication skills; able to speak and read English
- Physically fit to perform required tasks including heaving lifting greater than 25 kg
- Ability to follow directions and work as a team player
- Must be willing and flexible to work shifts as scheduled
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Familiar with continuous improvement processes and methodologies considered an asset
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
- Able to work in variable temperatures
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting and shoveling
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.Punctual, reliable and responsible
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-8405. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.