Full Time Job Posting
Position: Associate Level 4 – Blender/Grinder
Rate: Level 4 ($18.63/hour)
Number of Positions: 2
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Equipment & Trouble Shooting Skills:
· Assemble Grinders – set up
· Use fork to ensure all meat is out of the vat – blending operation
· Add ingredients as required – blending operation
· Bring samples to the lab – blending operation
· Push trucks to staging area
· Spread ground meat in vat
· Complete required paperwork
· Demonstrated ability to perform basic to moderate troubleshooting on equipment
· Ability to make decisions, anticipate problems and make appropriate changes
· Ability to establish priorities in their work area
· Ability to competently operate all equipment in the blending/grinding area
· Need to be able to operate a forklift and walkie
Quality & Food Safety Skills:
· Thorough, accurate, and neat completion of forms for HACCP & Quality Assurance (including brining product to the lab for testing)
· Product quality checks against customer and internal specifications
· Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
Health and Safety:
· Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
· Lifting, bending, pushing and pulling up to 70 lbs
· Overhead reaching, gripping with both hands
· Prolonged standing
· Climbing stairs
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English
· Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
· Active participation in Work Group meetings
· Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems and improved ways of completing job tasks
· Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
· Cross-shift communication
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.