4th Class Power Engineer
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the incumbent will operate the engineering systems in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with applicable Acts, Codes, Regulations and Standards. Engineering systems to be operated include waste water (potable, sanitary, storm, etc.), compressed air, and steam and ammonia (NH3) refrigeration, boilers and compressors.
- As 4th Class Engineer for the plant, the incumbent will be responsible for addressing & managing all regulatory requirements
- Maintenance & operation of all utilities related equipment & processes which includes the steam plant & system to end use, HVAC, compressed air, water systems, natural gas, refrigeration, scrubber
- Assist with the efficient & safe operation of the rendering department
- Manage contractors & interact with manufacturers & vendors
- Develop & manage, SOP’s, PM’s, PDM, WO’s
- Project development & implementation including utilities initiatives
- Fulfill all health & safety, food safety policy requirements
- Development & training of employees
- Develop culture of participation, responsibility, accountability & teamwork
Preferred Hiring Criteria
- 4th Class Power Engineering ticket Steam and refrigeration experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter - able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Previous experience in a food production plant or manufacturing environment an asset
- Steam & refrigeration experience
- Additional tickets such as Millwright & Plumbing an asset
- Experience in a food processing environment
- Good computer skills - proficient in Microsoft office applications & experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Experience with root cause analysis & continuous improvement programs such as 6Sigma
- Requires initiative, results oriented, demonstrated leadership & excellent communication skills
- Work as part of a team & be an exceptional fit with our Leadership Edge Values
- Project management experience
- Desire to achieve personal, departmental & plant goals
Environment: Meat Processing Plant
Volume & Complexity of Work: Volume Completed through typical procedures
Travel Requirements: None
This is a full time permanent job.
Resumes can be dropped off in person at 4141 1st
Ave South Lethbridge. By Fax: 403-329-3140 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.