A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
FSQA COORDINATOR - TORONTO
The FSQA Coordinator is responsible for administering Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols at the Toronto Poultry facility. The candidate is responsible for ensuring a safe, cost effective and service-oriented department.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Proactively auditing existing procedures against CFIA, BRC or customer standards to ensure compliance to specific standards.
• FSQA Subject matter expert for SISTEM, and responsible for employee training on appropriate shift.
• Maintain facility deviation tracker to ensure that preventative measures are driven to completion and sustainable. Closing of corrective action tracker items.
• Performs record review and on-site verifications for CCP operators and/or tasks related to pre-requisite programs.
• Implement and maintain proper document control for all procedures related to plant food safety system.
• Review and perform data trending to highlight opportunities for improvement.
• Conducting CFIA CVS tasks on appropriate shift and providing support to QA techs during the shift when FSQA supervisor is absent.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• Post Secondary Education relating to Food Science or related discipline
• 2-3 years’ experience in food related quality assurance role
• Excellent organizational, project management and multi-tasking and prioritization skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong experience in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance programs, HACCP systems and SOP's
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Windows
• Innovative and creative problem solving in finding solutions and opportunities.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.