A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The QA Process Leader role at the Heritage facility will be responsible for ensuring compliance to food safety and quality systems within their assigned area (e.g. Formulation/Stuffing, Slicing/Packaging, Palletizing).
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Perform or assist in daily quality and food safety related decision making based on established processes to ensure products meet the quality standards and food safety requirements of Maple Leaf Foods and its' customers.
• Review and Verify acceptability of line inspections performed by operators (product weight, gas, critical to quality, critical quality parameters, etc).
• Conduct EMP/TPC swabs and pre-op inspections.
• Product HOLDs on floor, product sample collections (shelf life, daily product cuttings) and quarantine management requirements as required.
• Perform daily monitoring and verification tasks as outlined in the HACCP program and issue corrective actions for deviations. Prerequisite program requirements (area audits)
• Prepare sensory samples and participates in sensory evaluations.
• Verify and audit sanitation practices and chemical concentrations as outlined in SSOP’s.
• Perform microbiological and analytical sampling for product and environment.
• Participate in projects and meeting with the goal of improving food safety ad food quality.
• Assist in the implementation of changes that advance QA systems.
• Provide support and coaching to employees and production management to maintain and improve their QA practices and procedures.
• Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
• Ability to enter data and complete trace exercises within SAP.
• Identification, entry and closure of non-conformance within your area
• Guide and support all employees in the Maple Leaf Values
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• Bachelor of Science or Diploma in Food Safety/Science program or equivalent experience.
• HACCP I-II certified is an asset.
• Strong understanding of Sanitation, SOPs, Pre-requisite Programs, HACCP, CCP’s and GMP’s.
• Previous experience with maintaining/validation of FSEP program.
• 2-3 years QA experience in the Food industry preferred.
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Knowledge of SAP is an asset
• Excellent organization and planning skills, high attention to detail and a willingness to learn and teach others, be self-directed and motivated.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Environment - Plant environment (ambient and refrigerated); 24-7, 2 shift operation
• Volume & Complexity of Work - A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
• Travel Requirements – Minimal
• Physical Requirements – Low
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.