A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - MISSISSAUGA
The Production Supervisor plays an integral role within our manufacturing facilities. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Responsible for maintaining quality of product, assigning employees, establishing priorities, and resolving problems
• Supervision of production employees, achievement of production objectives, verification and implementation of manufacturing procedures and overseeing shipping and receiving, all in accordance with applicable legislation (i.e. Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act, Weights and Measures Act)
• Takes initiative and exercises timely and good judgment in day to day business decisions
• Maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company safety rules, GMP’s and HACCP including documentation
• Reduction and elimination of workplace accidents. Assists in conducting accident investigations and takes an active role in WSIB case management ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and /or productive duties
• Develops, directs, manages, trains, and motivates employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in a timely manner
• Administration of the Collective Agreement and other company policies and procedures
• Completion of payroll and attendance records for the department’s employees using KRONOS
• Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
• The successful candidate will possess a relevant post-secondary education
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• Minimum of 3 years previous production supervisory experience
• Proven initiative and leadership skills
• Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change
• Experience and commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices
• Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations
• Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front line employee relations issues.
• Must possess strong interpersonal, leadership, presentation and analytical skills
• Results oriented
• Ability to successfully use MS Office and other computer software application programs necessary for Maple Leaf Operations
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.