A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (DAY SHIFT) - TORONTO
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the operation for their assigned area(s).
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Provide leadership and direct supervision to employees in their department.
• Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production.
• Continuously improve our manufacturing resources, process, efficiencies and quality.
• Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
• Ensure Quality Compliance with all HACCP procedures.
• Maintain a positive union and employee relations’ environment.
• Administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Ensure open and effective communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• Proven initiative and leadership skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven experience and commitment to good manufacturing practices.
• Must be able to exercise timely, good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
• Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Safety Regulations would be an asset.
• Ability to function in a fast paced production environment.
• May be required to cover alternate shifts as needed.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.