We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Our Leadership Values
6 core values guide us in everything that we do.
• Do what’s right
• Deliver winning results
• Build collaborative teams
• Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
• Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
• Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Diversity and Inclusion Director – Mississauga
As the Director of Diversity & Inclusion you will be responsible to provide strategic direction on key initiatives across Maple Leaf Foods. You will influence cultural changes by developing and implementing programs which promote equality and inclusion. You are results driven and have an enthusiastic approach. You have the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and influence change. You have a strong passion and understanding of the core competencies to be an effective leader. You are able to connect the value and impact D&I has to an organization and serve as a diversity champion.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Lead the development and execution of all diversity & inclusion programs
• Work closely with executives, managers and employees across the organization to promote a culture of diversity & inclusion
• Develop comprehensive and sustainable initiatives to continue the upward trajectory of the company’s diversity & Inclusion strategy
• Analyze and provide insight on key metrics to measure effectiveness, showcase accomplishments, identify gaps and offer suggestions on continues improvement
• Monitor, oversee and report on compliance of applicable policies and procedures according to the corporate strategic direction, industry trends and legislated mandates
• Manage and implement large scale cultural change management initiatives related to Diversity & Inclusion
• Work with business leaders to ensure alignment and advise on best practices to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce
• Work with the Employee Resource groups to help achieve the broader D&I strategic objectives
• Maintain a wide professional network to keep current on D&I programs, developments and best in class practices
• Work collaboratively with cross functional groups such as Learning & Development, Human Resources, Communications and Talent Attraction to support the implementation of D&I programs, initiatives and training
• Work on D&I related consulting and projects as assigned
What we have to offer you:
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field combined with several years of directly related work experience
• 5+ years of progressive Diversity & Inclusion experience or similar experience leading large scale complex projects
• Specialized knowledge and proven experience with Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, strategy development and change management
• Strong knowledge base of HR principles, practices and legislation as it relates to D&I
• Previous experience in aligning and implementing programs in a large organization
• Proven track record of influencing and gaining credibility with all levels across an organization
• Self-starter with a strong bias for action and follow through
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities at once while meeting deadlines
• Strong technical competencies with demonstrated proficiency in MS tools
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible