Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The starting wage is $16.11 which increases to $17.90 after six of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to the employee (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement). The successful candidate will gather eggs using automated equipment at the Hanover Breeder Farms. In this position, you will be responsible for specific farm operations two weekends out of 3. Selected candidate will move between farms as required.
• Gathering Eggs
• Cleaning/sorting eggs
• General cleaning/sanitation
• Completion of required paperwork
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
• Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
• Have the desire to learn
• Have commitment to safe work practices
• Adhere to HACCP, Biosecurity & Animal Welfare requirements (Training will be provided)
• Willing and able to work weekends and Statutory holidays
• Able to work independently
• Must have reliable transportation to the farm
WHY Maple Leaf Foods, Hanover?
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by fax: 519-364-4692 or by email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.