Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The starting wage of $18.15 which increases to $20.17 after six of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment up to specified amount (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement). The Barn Sanitation Crew Member will support cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining barns and equipment at the Hanover Breeder and Pullet Farms.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (6am- 4pm) & Friday (6am -1pm).
• Cleaning company owned Breeder and Pullet Farm barns and equipment
• Sanitation of barns and equipment using chemicals
• Maintenance and repairs to barns and equipment
• Operation of variety of machinery and hand tools
• Installing new equipment
• Changing over old equipment
• Moving spiking birds
• Must travel to various farms
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices
• Must adhere to all Animal Welfare/CHEQ/Biosecurity procedures (Training will be provided)
• Must have experience with hand and power tools
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Capable of performing heavy work on a daily basis
• Able to complete work without supervision
• Able to work in extreme weather hot or cold
• Willing and able to work longer hours on some days (e.g. early starts and/or late end times)
• May be required to work some weekends
• Experience with feeding equipment an asset
• Poultry background an asset
• Steiner experience an asset
• Valid driver’s license
WHY Maple Leaf Foods, Hanover?
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by fax: 519-364-4692 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.