SALES MANAGER-EASTERN USA
The Lightlife Foods and Filed Roast business involves the marketing, sales and distribution of a leading Natural and Organic brand that is sold throughout the United States through the natural/specialty, and conventional grocery channels. The brand is distributed both directly to the customer as well as through a natural/specialty network of distributors.
The position will have responsibility for the management and performance of the company’s business in the West region of the country. In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow profitable revenues at existing accounts and to penetrate new accounts. The candidate will have personal accountability for developing relationships at house accounts while also managing a broker/distributor network.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the sales function in all classes of trade within the geography.
- Generate strong top line growth without compromising profit margins.
- Deliver on a consistent basis established objectives for sales and distribution.
- Direct-account responsibility leveraging retailer relationships at a number of key house accounts.
- Penetration of new accounts.
- Key component will be to improve ACV at existing accounts.
- Execute Category management processes and drive joint business planning with strategic customers
- Management and motivation of a broker/distributor sales team.
- Development and accountability of account promotional plans and execution.
- Management of trade funds and T&E expenses within assigned budgets.
- Must illustrate the ability to tactically approach potential new business customers in a trade show environment.
- Timely, accurate and detailed preparation of forecasts, required reports and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President, Sales and the marketing team to develop cohesive sales strategies that maximize business opportunities.
- Track customer service issues and coordinate resolution with the appropriate individuals.
- Comply with established company policies and procedures including policies established on trade and expense management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 6-8 years in sales and sales management of consumer products.
- Sales experience and established relationships at key national retailers
- Experience in heavily promoted trade brands is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Natural/ Specialty channels a strong plus.
- Produce selling experience is a strong plus
- Knowledge and operational efficiency in working with distributors such as UNFI and Kehe is a strong plus.
- Excellent understanding of account penetration strategies and market development techniques.
- Established and proven track record of working in sales and sales management positions that lead to growth in revenues, improved profitability, increased market share and greater customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efforts to exceed targeted sales objectives through his/her own individual efforts and through effectively managing and motivating a broker/distributor sales network.
- Established reputation of being one of the best at his/her peer level, possessing in-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices that drive results.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- Well-rounded business acumen with an underpinning in critical thinking, technical competence, intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently out of a home office and on the road.
- Passion for developing, executing and managing sales plans that are designed to increase sales, profits and market share while minimizing expenses.
- High degree of professionalism, personal integrity and work ethic.
- Excellent oral/written communication, organization and time management skills.
- Extremely proficient in computer software applications including the full suite of Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience analyzing Nielsen or IRI, and POS portal data.
- Must have strong creative, analytic, critical thinking, decision-making and presentation skills.
- Inclusive and a team player.
- Self -Starter, accountable, responsible, disciplined and action oriented, demonstrates a hunger for success.
- Must be accustomed to frequent travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- A competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity participation, automobile allowance, bonus, 401(k) plan and health benefits, will be provided.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.