Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Assistant Supervisor - Afternoons – Production
Maple Leaf Foods is seeking a career minded individual to join our Production team as an Assistant Supervisor.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Providing day to day direction to department employees
- Guaranteeing customer satisfaction (internal and external)
- Temporary backfill Production Supervisors when required (vacation, illness, vacancy). As backfill, duties and responsibilities will be that of a Production Supervisor including discipline of department employees
- Ensuring proper and adequate training of department employees
- Evaluation of department employees
- Coaching and counseling of department employees
- Appropriate communication with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Effective communication with Production Supervisors and Production Manager
- Ensuring a safe work environment through safety awareness, practice, and promotion
- Daily performance and efficiencies
- All other duties as assigned by Management
- Strong leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire and initiative to excel within the organization
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Related experience in managing or coaching
- Related department experience
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Must have strong computer skills