Industrial Meat Cutter, NOC: 9462 (Permanent, Full Time)
6355 Richmond Avenue East Brandon, Manitoba
$14.75 - $20.70/hour + up to $2.00 in Bonus'
100% company paid Benefits package is provided including Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan once successfully completed probationary period
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading Canadian food processing company committed to delivering quality food products to consumers around the world. We are looking for Industrial Meat Cutters to join us at our Brandon, Manitoba plant.
Positions include slaughtering livestock and removing viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses, cutting pork for further cutting, processing and packaging. Positions are available in a variety of departments including Cut and Kill areas.
• Participate as part of a team in the processing of hogs to produce fresh and frozen product
• Assist with various tasks in the department assigned
• Keep up to production line speed
• Most jobs in the Barn, Dressing, Cut and Packaging floors include assembly line work
• Knife and other equipment use will be required
• Graduate of High school; post-secondary education is considered an asset
• Three (3) years verifiable experience as a Butcher/Meat Cutter
• Previous industrial / manufacturing plant experience is considered an asset
• Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions from cool to warm and wet to dry
• Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks and stand for long periods of time
• Experience working with and committed to Good Manufacturing Practices is an asset
• Experience in food manufacturing within a fast paced environment is an asset
• Comfortable being part of a multi-cultural, unionized environment
• Must be committed to safe work practices
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be focused on continuous improvement
• Use knives and other equipment to disassemble hog product for further processing
• Ensure safe and hygienic practices are applied to all tasks performed as per Company policies
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter