PREP ROOM AFTERNOONS FULL TIME HOURLY 3:15PM - 11:45PM
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
This position requires the individual to retrieve and prepare all of the materials for production scheduled on the line(s). This individual will bring required products to the line, assist with servicing the line and replenish products as required.
- Set up; start up, inspection, operation, and shutdown of all related equipment for efficient and safe operation (pre-start audits, wiping down equipment and tubs with alcohol, set-up appropriate ingredients into tubs and locations)
- Must acquire certification for pump cart and motorized walkie
- Will be required to operate Baler and Compactor
- Able to competently operate and monitor mechanical controls on equipment
- Recognize and troubleshoot mechanical and production issues and communicate problems to lead hand, supervisor and/or maintenance (i.e.; product changeovers)
- Thorough, accurate, and neat completion of forms for HACCP & Quality Assurance (including lot control for trace-ability, production reporting)
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (including foreign materials, metal detection checks, seal checks and program settings. Operate MOCON gas analyzer & ensure correct labels and products are applied to finished products, assist in tempering required meat products)
- Gas check to be performed hourly
- Will be performing X-Ray verification checks
- Maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility, removes waste and garbage from the area
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Rework and inedible procedures
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to record and document information
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements, etc.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-8405. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.