GENERAL LABOR PRODUCTION WORKERS
Maple Leaf Foods in Winnipeg is accepting applications for entry-level General Labor positions which may require availability for up to 40 hours a week. We currently have numerous vacancies, and a variety of shifts available - come join our team!
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Required Skills, Ability & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Pushing, pulling and overhead reaching, bending and prolonged standing
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials and weight checks)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Other tasks as assigned
Our company paid Benefits package provided includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan. Our starting rate is $13.90/hour, with a $0.40/hour off-shift premium.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Interact and share information with Team Members at all levels (Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group
- Employees may be required to complete aptitude testing
- For training purposes, you must be available to work the day and/or night shift
- Must be able to handle all food/pork products, lift 50 lbs, stand for an extended period of time and work in a cold environment
Please apply online today!
All applicants must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada