GENERAL LABOUR PRODUCTION WORKERS - IN PERSON APPLICATION ONLY - NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED
Maple Leaf Foods in Winnipeg is accepting applications for entry-level General Labour positions which may require availability for up to 40 hours a week. We currently have numerous vacancies, and a variety of shifts available - come join our team!
NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED - IN PERSON APPLICATION ONLY
• IN-PERSON APPLICATION AT 870 LAGIMODIERE BLVD, WINNIPEG, MB.
• FILL OUT APPLICATION AT SECURITY - ATTACH RESUME
• MONDAY-SUNDAY 8AM-6PM
IN PERSON APPLICATION ONLY
Required Skills, Ability & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Pushing, pulling and overhead reaching, bending and prolonged standing
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials and weight checks)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Other tasks as assigned
Our company paid Benefits package provided includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan. Our starting rate is $13.90/hour, with a $0.40/hour off-shift premium.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Interact and share information with Team Members at all levels (Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group
- Employees may be required to complete aptitude testing
- For training purposes, you must be available to work the day and/or night shift
- Must be able to handle all food/pork products, lift 50 lbs, stand for an extended period of time and work in a cold environment
*Do not apply to this posting online; only in-person applications will be accepted.
All applicants must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada